It’s almost September and that means that international CP STEPtember challenge is almost underway! This year all of the US funds will go toward cerebral palsy research and CP NOW, our fundraising nonprofit, will be joining in the challenge. We welcome you as members of the CP Daily Living/CP NOW community to join in and help us raise money for research. We have our own registration code being used in partnership with the Cerebral Palsy Research Network (our partner in the Research CP workshop held earlier this year) that waives the STEPtember registration fee. This code, found below, also allows us to track the funds our group raises collectively.
Here are more STEPtember details:
CHALLENGE YOURSELF & RAISE FUNDS FOR CEREBRAL PALSY RESEARCH
What is it? STEPtember is 28-day challenge run in 8 countries around the world, initially created in 2010 by the world-renowned organization, Cerebral Palsy Alliance in Australia and have raised $15M+ in the last 6 years. In 2017, Cerebral Palsy Alliance Research Foundation is exclusively running Steptember nationally across the US, with all funds raised going to RESEARCH for CP.
Cerebral Palsy Alliance Research Foundation is currently focused on raising funds to target the following areas:
- Stem cells
- Reducing chronic pain
- Thought to speech technology
- Prevention of CP in premature babies
- Deep brain stimulation
We would like to urge you, your family, friends, neighbors and colleagues to participate this year and help raise much-needed funds for CP research conducted by the best and brightest minds in the US:
- Steptember is a global fitness initiative that challenges participants to take 10,000 steps/rolls (or using other activities that suit you) a day for 28 days: September 4 – October 1, 2017
- In teams of up to four (but at least three), participants track their steps daily wearing a pedometer provided by Steptember
- Results are recorded via the interactive website (http://www.steptember.us) or on the new mobile app each day
- Participants don’t just walk to improve their fitness – there are over 40 activities from which to choose
- Teams are encouraged to make every step count by fundraising for cerebral palsy throughout the challenge
- All money raised will exclusively support research to accelerate important breakthroughs for cerebral palsy
We hope you’ll join us and show your support! How To Register Guide – 2017.
Create your team and register for free today at steptember.us using our exclusive code! ResearchCP2017.