Every year popular brands and retailers continue to enter the adaptive clothing market with fashionable and creative designs for consumers.
- IZ Adaptive clothing– adaptive fashion for men and women
- Kohls adaptive– line for all ages and genders
- Koolway Sports– outerwear for wheelchair users
- MagnaReady– magnetic closure dress shirt for adults
- Silvert’s Adaptive Clothing and Footwear– for adults; a variety of adaptive clothing options
- Tommy Hilfiger’s Runway of Dreams– adaptive line for children
- Yarrow apparel– adaptive clothing line for women
- Victory Adaptive– adaptive swimsuits for children
- Wowease Adaptive Swimwear– adaptive one piece swimwear for infant girls-women (magnetic closures at the waist)
Shoes for AFO Users and Conventional Shoe Accessories
- Billy Footwear– kids and adults universal shoe design
- Friendly Shoes– shoes for adults
- Gracious May– shoes and boots for children
- Hatchback Shoes – fashionable yet expensive footwear that is so much easier to put on if your child wears AFOs
- Keeping Pace– fashionable footwear for AFO users
- Nike’s Flyease– zipper and strap system for kids and adults
- Zappos– This online shoe retailer now has adaptive fashion including clothing and footwear for children and adults. They also offer single shoe purchases for selecting shoes of different sizes.
Stride Rite and New Balance are mainstream shoes that are often mentioned by community members as compatible with their AFO and orthotics when they size up.
- Koolway Sports– Has KoolBoots
- Overshoes- These go over existing shoes-lots of options and manufacturers including NEOS which look like they have great traction and many options–older children and adult sizes only.
- Rugged Outback– Low cost mainstream boot with front that zippers down. This manufacturer offers a boot that has a front flap that opens so far down in the front that it makes it easy to remove the liner and use with AFOS. Available from Amazon and Payless (maybe others).
- Butler Rain boots– For kids, available in Canada
AFO Related Facebook Pages
- AFOwear– A page started by a mom with personal stories, lessons learned and her tips/solutions for everyday brace wear.
Socks for AFO Users
- Seamless DAFO and KAFO socks —Designed by a Mom
Trouble with Tying Shoes?
- Lock laces for kids and adults who do not want to wear velcro.
- Zubits– magnetic shoe closures
- Crawlings– Low profile knee pads that can prevent bruises and scrapes. They are vented in the back and come with a few different design options.
- Wrapeaze-Easy to put on and take off jacket-wraps
- Also check Target and Tommy Hilfiger’s adaptive clothing lines for adaptive jackets.
- Wristies– Keep your child’s hands warm but the fingers free to use.
Easier to put on Belts
- Myself Belts– A wonderful product that gives your child an opportunity to use a belt with more independence.
- Halosleep Sack– These sleep sacks are helpful when your child is unable to cover themselves. They have some with and without holes for the legs.
- Tubie Whoobies– G-tube pads that come in fun shapes and colors/patterns and inspired by a mom whose child has a G-tube.
- Ortopad Patches — Disposable, sticky patches available in many patterns and colors that you place on your child’s eye.
For more information, download our free cerebral palsy tool kit.