As March kicks off Cerebral Palsy (CP) Awareness month and culminates in National CP Awareness Day on March 25, it gives us a great opportunity to strengthen our community and inform the general public about CP.
Here are some ways you can support our work and the CP community:
1) Wear Green! Our community color is green so let’s make our presence known wherever we can! If you missed your chance to order last week, you can still get our shirt and support our common cause!
2) Be sure to log on to Instagram and follow us at cp_research_network. Tune in for our “Take Over Tuesdays” as CP advocates take over our account with their own unique content. Get people talking about CP using the hashtags #gogreenforcp, #researchcp, #cerebralpalsy, #cprnresearch
3) Help us spread the word about our MyCP webinar series and save the date for Dr. Michael Kruer’s upcoming webinar on March 10 at 8 pm ET. This must-see webinar will outline the impending launch of Dr Kruer’s “Genetic Causes of Cerebral Palsy” study. Follow us on YouTube to get access to all of our MyCP webinars.
4) Share our Facebook posts and blogs about #CPStories. Every month, we feature the stories of people in our community who are making a difference in CP research. Want to share your own story? Tell us about your experiences for future publication on the CP Research Network blog and social media!
5) Make a direct donation to support our mission to optimize the lifelong health and wellness of people with cerebral palsy and their families through high quality research, education and community programming. Your generosity helps our community thrive.
We all have unique experiences of what CP is, what it is like living with it, and the belief that outcomes can be changed for the better through research. Let’s get out there and shout about our wonderful community!