Today is National Cerebral Palsy Awareness Day! We have all had a busy month trying to educate our friends, family and the public about what they can do to increase awareness and improve wellness for people with CP. We have tried to make the most of the month here at the CP Research Network including:
- An awareness campaign and drawing on social media: there is still time to participate by posting your pic or banner today and tagging us;
- Sponsoring the neuroscience caucus briefing for the U.S. Congress;
- Partnering with the National Center for Health, Physical Activity and Disability to offer a free eight-week wellness program to members of our community;
- Launching our first NIH funded study which seeks to find the genetic causes of CP.
- Presented a webinar on our genetics study for members of the community to learn about the goals of the research;
- Posting CP stories about two members of our community who are advancing research;
- Raising awareness about the importance of physical activity and adaptive fitness;
- Creating a store with shirts and mugs for people to promote our shared cause;
- Our board is matching donations in March $2 for every $1 given!
Join in the fun. Post a pic of you or your family in green on Instagram or update your cover page with one of our banners on Facebook. Tag us to be entered into our drawing.