The CP Research Network Cerebral Palsy Awareness Photo Contest is intended to celebrate awareness, diversity and inclusion for people with cerebral palsy during National CP Awareness month (March) and beyond. Stock photography agencies have very limited authentic photographs to illustrate life with CP so we have created this contest to fill the void of quality photography and generate awareness for cerebral palsy.
The CP Research Network will be awarding a total of $1,000 in cash prizes (in the form of Amazon gift cards) for the top three photos in each of the categories listed below. The photos for each category will be selected by the CP Research Network with the most votes being an important factor at the close of the contest. Photos must be submitted by March 13. Voting begins on March 14 and closes on March 24. Winners will be announced on Saturday, March 25, 2023 and receive their e-gift cards electronically by April 1, 2023.
|Category||1st Prize||2nd Prize||3rd Prize|
|Children (under 13 years of age)||$100||$50||$25|
|Teens and young adults (13 to 25 years of age)||$100||$50||$25|
|Adults (25+ years of age)||$100||$50||$25|
Rules and conditions
- Contestants must be 18 years of age or older and sign a release of rights (embedded in submission form) for the photograph.
- To participate, entrants must be current members of MyCP or join MyCP as any appropriate class of member. Membership is free and may be withdrawn at the close of the contest.
- Photos must be high resolution (2400 x 3000 pixels minimum) to qualify.
- Maximum of five entries per contestant.
- One prize per contestant. Maximum prize is $500 (best overall).
- The subject of the photo must have cerebral palsy.
- The CP Research Network reserves the right to exclude any photo that it deems inappropriate or offensive in any way
- Violators will be removed from the contest, stripped of any prize(s), and banned from entering future contests.
- Entries will not be accepted unless submitted via the official contest channel.
- By entering the contest, entrants agree that photos submitted can be used by the CP Research Network for advertising purposes per the language in image release form.
- Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline lapses.
- The prize must be collected by the winner and is nontransferable.
- The winner will be contacted via the email address provided during entry. If no response is received after five business days, a new winner will be selected and the previous winner will forfeit all rights to the prize.
- The contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law.