The Cerebral Palsy Research Network (CPRN) delivered its first article to its newly formed Manuscript Review Subcommittee in preparation for submission to a leading neurology journal. The subcommittee, chaired by Dr. Jeffrey Leonard, chief of neurosurgery at Nationwide Children’s Hospital, is a multi-discipline group of clinicians, researchers in and advisors to CPRN who provide editorial oversight for CPRN publications. This group is intended to ensure that CPRN publications are of the highest quality and move through journal editorial processes more quickly.
CPRN’s first manuscript describes the process and results from the Research CP
initiative that CPRN conducted in partnership with CP NOW
. Research CP brought members of the CP community together with clinicians and researchers to set a patient-centered research agenda for CP. CPRN plans to use the results of the Research CP
initiative to prioritize its future research endeavors.
In addition to Dr. Leonard’s leadership, the Manuscript Review Subcommittee includes:
- Diane Damiano, PT, PhD from the NIH Clinical Center
- Mary Gannotti, PT, PhD from University of Hartford
- Susan Horn, PhD from the University of Utah
- Ed Hurvitz, MD from University of Michigan Medical Center
- Jacob Kean, PhD from the University of Utah
- Michael Kruer, MD from Phoenix Children’s Hospital (Vice Chair)
- Jason Rhodes, MD from Colorado Children’s Hospital
- Brandon Rocque, MD from Children’s of Alabama
- Christine Thorogood, MD from University of Florida Jacksonville